“Some documents state that this church in the X century was part of the Monastery in Ripoll. It was built in the XI and XII century. Later on it became part of La Guardia Castle. It has an only nave, with a barrel vault and with a semicircular apse decorated with blind arches. In the XVI century the bell tower was added and the walls above the nave vault were built and in the XIX the sacristy was added, even though it was altered along the years. It is worth noticing the original ironwork on the door.
Before the year 1000, a dozen parishes scattered around the area made up what is now the municipality of Les Llosses. Each parish, therefore, constituted a small village with its own life. Various aggregations over the course of history changed the municipal limits until its present condition in 1991. This explains why there are so many churches distributed around the municipality.”